About Moss Code
Moss Code is a digital education startup in the heart of Moss Side, Manchester. We are creating spaces where people can learn programming literacy, from basic html fundamentals to mobile application development and back again with bits of solder and breadboard thrown in for good luck. Learning this stuff isn’t easy, so we’ll be providing all the support we can with the help of our volunteers, whilst sharing the lessons we pick up on the way.
How It Works
• Provide a structured, supportive environment where people can gain confidence in their ability and new skills
• Run courses based on peer-to-peer learning
• Understand that learning has a cultural context, and inject
relevant content tailored to our audience
• Listen and discuss the topics at hand, and the interests people
want to pursue, adapting accordingly
Our goal is to increase participation and digital literacy in Moss Side, by combining open tools, content and relevant cultural context designed to inspire every learner.
All courses Learning Circle running in concurrent 6-week cycles until July.
• January 2016: Moss Code launches with a series of taster sessions called Build Your First Web Page
• April: An Introduction To Programming With Scratch
• June: Learn Programming with Robots
• July: #MossHack – A community hackathon
Partners & Community
Our Partners: First Cut Media